Why UI Data is getting deleted daily?

Prateek Mangal October 9, 2023

I have created spaces on the confluence UI and it is getting deleted automatically the next day i'm login, how can i check the auditing for my account who has access or who is deleting the data. Why data is not keeping saved?

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2023

Trial systems work the same as licenced systems, they are the same software, the licence only controls how many people can use it, although for free (not trial) systems, some functionality is disabled or simplified.

Confluence does not have anything that automatically deletes data.  A human (or a remote system set up and run by a human) is deleting, or possibly restricting, your pages.

As an admin, log in and look at who else has access to your system.  A simple "fix" is to remove everyone else, then see who yells at you for taking it away.  A more in-depth fix would be to remove everyone else's administrative access, and their delete permission in the spaces you are working with.

Prateek Mangal October 24, 2023

Thank you for your Response!

I did what you have mentioned above and related to permission , for few days data did not got delete now again at specific time around - 19:30:24 , in Audit logs - Event Type Public Link , Public link for select space is disabled and then space got deleted automatically. Screenshot_SapceDelete.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2023

Ok, this is telling us that you are deleting the spaces.

You will only see this in the logs if you are deleting the spaces manually, or you have set up a script or automation to delete spaces while running with your account.

Have you shared your login with someone else?

0 votes
Prateek Mangal October 10, 2023

Getting Error - The audit log is an Atlassian Access feature. To see audit log activity, you need to have an Atlassian Access subscription.

FYI - I am using Trial subscription , could this be the reason data getting deleted at EOD?

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2023

Hi @Prateek Mangal and welcome,

as a confluence administrator you can go on the Administartion->Audit Log and verify who performed that action.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Prateek Mangal October 10, 2023

Getting Error - The audit log is an Atlassian Access feature. To see audit log activity, you need to have an Atlassian Access subscription

FYI - I am using Trial subscription , could this be the reason data getting deleted at EOD?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events