Why I have "Confluence Internal Directory" entry in my profile?

Richard Coffre October 22, 2019

Hi,

As you can see in the attached screenshot, I have 2 entries in the Directories section.

The second one "Confluence Internal Directory" is useless and it prevents me to log as an administrator.

I don't know when/how it was created!

What an administrator should do to delete this entry?

Best regards.

View User: coffre - CONFAFNIC 2019-10-22 15-23-33.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2019

@Richard Coffre  The  answer is simple that your user account is  present also in  confluence directory, if  you are using LDAP to login in  to  Confluence, then  you  will have to  disable this   Confluence internal directory   if you don't  wan't your profile to show  that you belong to both directory. And most likely restart Confluence.

Best regards,

Moses.

Richard Coffre October 23, 2019

Is it possible to just delete the link to Confluence internal directory without disabling it for everyone?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2019

Hello Richard,

I just followed up on your other thread, How to delete an entry in Confluence internal directory? 

I will share the same reply here, in case anyone comes across this thread first.

See in Configuring User Directories:

You cannot remove the internal directory. This precaution aligns with the recommendation below that you always keep an administrator account active in the internal directory.

Recommendations

The recommended way to edit directory configurations is to log in as an internal user when making changes to external directory configuration.

(warning) We recommend that you keep either an administrator or system administrator user active in your internal directory for troubleshooting problems with your user directories.

Although this is not recommended, your database administrator will be able to delete the username entry from the Internal Directory using the database. It's in the cwd_user table. However, be advised that if that is done, and the LDAP directory is unavailable or if you need to edit the LDAP settings, you will not be able to login with your username again.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events