How to delete an entry in Confluence internal director?

Richard Coffre December 4, 2019

Hi all,

I have already asked the question(*), but I did not have an answer to my last question, where I wondered how to delete the entry in Confluence internal directory without disabling the Confluence internal directory.

So is it possible?

So far, it is a big issue for me because most of the time, I am unable to be connected as a full admin, and I cannot manage the apps.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Best regards,

Richard

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2019

Hello Richard,

Thank you for following-up with us.

Per your question in Why I have "Confluence Internal Directory" entry in my profile?, the Internal Directory is there by default as the local user directory. 

See in Configuring User Directories:

You cannot remove the internal directory. This precaution aligns with the recommendation below that you always keep an administrator account active in the internal directory.

Recommendations

The recommended way to edit directory configurations is to log in as an internal user when making changes to external directory configuration.

(warning) We recommend that you keep either an administrator or system administrator user active in your internal directory for troubleshooting problems with your user directories.

Although this is not recommended, your database administrator will be able to delete the username entry from the Internal Directory using the database. It's in the cwd_user table. However, be advised that if that is done, and the LDAP directory is unavailable or if you need to edit the LDAP settings, you will not be able to login with your username again.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events