Who is in the confluence-users group?

If I have a Confluence server in the cloud (ie, https://teamname.atlassian.net/wiki...), and I give rights to the confluence-users group to one of the spaces (ie, https://teamname.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ds), who then can view the spaces on that site?

Can users who have other servers in the cloud see that space?

Can users of my server see that space?

Can only the users of the space see the space?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

If no other users or no other groups are given permission to view that space, then only users in confluence-users group will be able to see the space.

Do checkout the following documentation from Atlassian. FYI, Confluence is based on 3 level of permissions: Global, Space, and Page restrictions.

Global Permissions Overview

Assigning Space Permissions - Confluence Latest - Atlassian Documentation - Confluence

Page Restrictions - Confluence Latest - Atlassian Documentation - Confluence

0 votes

It's your Confluence, it's only visible to people you explicitly choose to make it visible to. That can include "anonymous users", but it's still your choice. Doesn't matter if I was a user or an admin on the confluence on the same server, I wouldn't have any access to yours.

The exception is, as always, your system administrators - they can get to everything. This would be Atlassian people if you're using OnDemand, and support/admin if you're using someone else's services.

Also, from another post, "[if you] restrict it to confluence-users, ... only your registered users can see it."

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,561 views 26 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you