Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is trello board macro?

Amalia Tiropoli July 24, 2018

I cant seem to find the trello board macro in confluence, might this be a permission issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2018

@Amalia Tiropoli

Per @Shannon S the macro will auto-insert as soon as you paste the URL of the card or board in Confluence Cloud. More information can be found in Shannon's response here.

Note: I don't believe we have this functionality on Confluence Server; we can only insert a link.

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2018

Confirmed (sadly) that Trello will display as a link on Confluence Server 6.6.1:

a.jpg

Amalia Tiropoli July 24, 2018

Thanks @Jonathan Smith

Is this due to the Server?

Is there something I can do as an alternative?

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2018

@Amalia Tiropoli I take it you are on Server.

Some macros are available in Cloud but not Server; This is the case for Trello.

Besides for placing a link to your Trello board, I have not found another work around.

• Note: I also tried an iframe src="trello board URL"  in the HTML macro, however that still did not work. Some URL's won't display in iframe (i.e. google).

Check out the following article, they look to have a potential work around but the board would have to be public: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-can-I-embed-a-Trello-board-in-Confluence/qaq-p/350154

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2018

@Amalia Tiropoli If getting Trello to work nice with Confluence Server is important to you, please vote for this enhancement :)

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-45779?_ga=2.133996615.874569294.1532352619-845179816.1480959432

Like # people like this
Hunter Morgan October 3, 2019

I am just following up on this as it's more than a year on since it was raised, and more than 2 years since the acquisition. 

Will server clients continue to not be able to utilize confluence and trello together?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events