Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the tomcat install directory?

Dirk Pörschke January 22, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring a PostgreSQL Datasource in Apache Tomcat

Hi everybody,

I stopped Tomcat via /opt/atlassian/confluence/bin/shutdown.sh as mentioned in step 1 - but where is the Tomcat-Installation directory mentioned in step 2.2? I followed the guide (https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-setup-guide-135691.html) but there is no Tomcat mentioned.

The documentation (https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-a-postgresql-datasource-in-apache-tomcat-218272013.html) is disturbing: I already installed "JIRA Software" on my server and just want to add Confluence too to that machine. I created a new PostgreSQL user for confluence, created a new database for that user too and now I'm stuck because I don't know what the documentation wants me to do exactly sad

As far as I understand confluence includes tomcat, right? Why do I need to add jars in the filesystem and do some additional stuff? Compared to the installation of "JIRA Software" it seems to be more complicated to me :-/

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Dirk

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2016

>I already installed "JIRA Software" on my server and just want to add Confluence too to that machine.

It wants you to install JIRA and Confluence totally independently.  Different installation directories.  Both systems include and run Tomcat as the application server, but you should not even think about trying to run both of them in the same Tomcat.

As for the installations, yes, the JIRA install is (currently) a bit more polished at the moment and includes a few more of the dependencies.  You used to have to install all sorts of things into a Tomcat if you wanted anything other than Atlassian's standalone system, but that is improving in both JIRA and Confluence.  Not quite there yet, but improving.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events