Where is the guide for MacOsx ?

Kristijan Miklobusec April 26, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Confluence Installation Guide

In the guide linux and windows are listed . Where should i look for macosx  for evaluation purposes ? 

1 answer

1 vote
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2016

Mac OS X is not supported as a server platform: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/supported-platforms-207488198.html - It's supported for clients. Browsers.

However, a lot of developers in start-ups like Atlassian own Macs, so it works pretty well even if it is not officially supported. I personally follow the Linux guide ("Install Confluence from a zip") when installing on Mac. It's pretty simple as a summary:

• Install Java
  • Install Postgresql, create a database for Confluence,
  • Unzip the Confluence archive
  • Update confluence-init.properties,
  • atlassian-confluence/bin/start-confluence.sh # Append -fg if you want to start in the foreground and watch the logs in live.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2016

I'm with Adrien on this, the Unix guide works fine for Mac installations. 

It's a little bit of a different file system, so if you don't want to use the default locations, you have to understand how Mac's organise the directories, but everything else is so close to the Linux guide, you won't have any problems.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events