It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Where did the Panel Macro go?

Where did the Panel Macro go?

5 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sharon_Helms Community Leader Oct 04, 2019

Hi Heidi,

If your site has the new Confluence Cloud editor, the Panel Macro is gone. It's been replaced by a number of specific panel macros such as Info panel, Error panel, and so on. (I've attached a screenshot below of the choices available.)

There's an open request for Atlassian to Bring back the original panel macro feature if you'd like to add your vote and comments.

Best wishes,
Sharon

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 10.03.26 AM.png

Jimmy_Seddon Community Leader Oct 10, 2019

Hi @Heidi_Adams,

If this answer solved your issue you should mark it as the accepted answer so that it may help other users in the future!

-Jimmy

Like FUN_MAN_ANDY likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted

If you are using cloud: Panel Macro is still available in my instance. Maybe try to clear your cache or try to log off and on again :)

Same for Server... Panel Macro still available in the latest version.

The rather good and detailed e-learning skillbuilder from Atlassian University called Confluence Content Management (https://training.atlassian.com/confluence-content-management) recommends using the old Panel macro. In fact, in that e-leaning course Atlassian states that the old Panel macro is key to creating ordered pages that are easy to read and maintain.

Really makes you wonder why they removed a macro they themselves believe was very important. On a side note it is also peculiar that the e-learning course has not been updated.

Panel macro really added a lot of value for us. I see dozens of people around here that have the same feeling. I hope this helps to bring this macro back!

In new editor Panel Macro is missing!
Its open a case here to bring him back, so please vote to bring back the Panel Macro:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-67825

Voted! thanks Marius!

There is also a slightly older issue logged asking to bring back the panel macro: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-66752

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

269 views 9 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you