Where did "monospace" font go?

Rob Gilliam December 14, 2020

Where did the Monospace font go in the new editor?

It appears to have been replaced by a "Code" font (on the same shortcut) that doesn't support things like bold or italics, so is harder to call out specific parts of the text you're writing.

On pages or parts of pages imported from the legacy editor, italics are showing in the text that has been marked as "code", but the italic letters are surrounded by large spaces.

Anyone know how to get the old monospace font back?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2020

Hello there @Rob Gilliam !

You are right, there is no  text that accepts text formatting in Confluence Cloud.

The closest we can get is to use the “code” text formatting, as you are already doing.

Some time ago, there was a Suggestion trying to tackle this lack of monospaced text in Confluence. You can check it here:

Similar requests have been made here in our community and the results where the same, we need to use the new “code” formatting. Either via toolbar or using  ` on either side of what we want to have monospaced!

Here is one of those posts:

Also, some time ago the noformat macro has been removed from the new editor, as shown under this document:

Let us hear from you!

Rob Gilliam December 16, 2020

Basically I need to be able to do the equivalent of this:

image.png

Like Bob Ford likes this
Rob Gilliam January 12, 2021

Hi, @Diego 

It's been nearly a month. Any update on this?

Like Jose Romero likes this
Tom Gagne February 22, 2022

Another problem with `code` instead of monospace fonts is I can't highlight code and leave an in-line comment.

So I can't highlight code and I can't comment on code.  That makes it hard to use it as a collaboration tool to discuss, well, code, JSON, XML, or anything else where monospace is the preferred format.

Like 福井 重和 _GClue_ likes this
Jose Romero April 21, 2022

Over four months later - any news?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events