Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can we find the installer or binary for confluence version 3.5.17

Divya Dangeti August 30, 2017

Hi,

We are doing an upgrade of confluence version of 3.1.1 to 5.0.3. As part of this upgrade process we need to upgrade to intermediate version 3.5.17.

In the downloads archives site we are not able to find the binary or an installer for the confluence version 3.5.17.

Request you to provide the link to download the binary or an installer for this confluence version(3.5.17).

Thanks,

Divya.

3 answers

1 vote
MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2017

Hello Divya, 

you can find it here https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download-archives?_ga=2.190740392.2092005975.1503953552-478519705.1503953552

But watch out, version 3.5.17 is listed after version 4.2.8. Best way is to use ctrl + F and search for 3.5.17 string.

Regards,

Milos

0 votes
Priya P. September 4, 2017

Hi Nic,

Does confluence team has a support number to contact so that we can get quicker help on this on a screen share.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2017

Only if you've got the "premium" support package.  If you don't, then you'll have to go through the support portal like most of us - start at https://support.atlassian.com/contact

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2017

Two problems

1. That's too old a version to have an "installer" or "binary".  There are "evaluation installers", but I remember those being "fun", and not suitable for creating production systems.
  2. 3.5.17 does not exist.

Go to https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download-archives and download the highest version of 3.5 available, then follow the installation instructions.  It's .12 or .13 if memory serves.

Divya Dangeti August 31, 2017

Hi,

In the given above URL, we can only see the Installed Directory dumps ,not any binary installer or an upgrade tool.

With this installed directory dumps we have tried to set up the new environment of 3.5.17, but we are getting ''NOT PERMITTED " error. We have followed the steps from below URL:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Upgrading+Confluence+Standalone+Distribution  

Request you to give an installer or a binary for the confluence version 3.5.17.

Thanks,

Divya.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2017

Ah, @MoroSystems Support has corrected my point 2 - there is a 3.5.17, but listed very out of order (it was a retro-fix that was released after 4)

However, my first point stands.  Please have another read of it, and explain what you don't understand if it does not make sense?

Divya Dangeti August 31, 2017

Hi,

So if the installer/upgrade script is not available for the 3.5.17, kindly please specify how to do the upgrade from 3.1.1 current confluence environment to 5.0.3 version?

We need some concrete solution for the situation we are now. We can better have a call with the confluence support team. kindly provide the support contact details.

Regards,

Divya

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2017

<sigh> First hit on any search is 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/upgrading-confluence-4578.html

Which leads to the full documentation

Divya Dangeti September 4, 2017

Hi Nic,

We are getting this error after upgrading the confluence version from 3.1.1 to version 3.5.17. Request you give a solution and also we have followed the instructions given in the upgrade documentation.

Error.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2017

Your permissions for the space do not allow you access.

As a space or system admin, check the space permissions.

Divya Dangeti September 4, 2017

Hi Nic,

Before Upgrade of confluence I am a confluence Admin.

When I login to confluence only I could not see anything, like when I click dashboard or when I click Browse the tabs and the data is not coming and also even I cannot logout from the Application also.

Regards,

Divya.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2017

Your screenhot says you are not an admin.

That suggests you have not got the user directory right when you upgraded.  I can't help you with that without knowing what you had before, and what you changed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events