Where can I find valid values for confluence.user.time.zone in preferences-default.xml ?

Deleted user June 8, 2021

Hello !

In the Confluence JAR file, I want to change the default value for the timezone.  I couldn't find any list of valid values for this property.

Could anyone tell me where to find that information ?

Thx :)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hyrum Steffensen _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2021

Hello Sylvain, thanks for the question. It looks like you must set the time on the server the Confluence instance is installed on.

Please see this Atlassian Community post.

Regards,

Hyrum

Deleted user June 9, 2021

Hello !

It doesn't answer the question ;)

The problem is that we're hosted in Azure and we can't change the server timezone,  This action is forbidden...

Anyway, I was able to fix the problem by adding this to the JVM start line :

-Duser.timezone='America/New_York'

I found this value along with Los Angeles somewhere.  But still no list of valid values for this parameter.

So the question stills stands ;)

Thx !

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2021

Hello Sylvain,

Well, try this wikipedia page on List of tz database time zones. I did some poking around searching for Jira and Java classes and found this Atlassian Community post. I hope that helps!

Hyrum

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2021

Poking around for a different post, I found this Atlassian documentation which points to the same list.

Hyrum

Deleted user June 9, 2021

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2021

Sure thing, Sylvain! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events