Whena service desk customer is invited to knowledge base space, service desk access is removed

Craig Doran September 24, 2018

I recently set up a customer to access a service desk.  This all worked as planned and customer had access to service desk and the knowledge base (pop up window only) articles that matched their search criteria.

However when I add the customer directly to a GROUP and gave that group permission to access the FULL knowledge base (i.e. with access to full index, tree, full pages) when they logged out and tried to log in to service desk it came up with a message saying 'you don't have access to any service desk'

Is this issue known and what setting have I missed that causes this.

These are the full steps I followed (Note that knowledge based is already linked to service desk)

SERVICE DESK

1. I opened up service desk
  2. Created an organisation
  3. Created a customer and added that customer to organisation
  4. Invite email was sent, customer clicked on invite and followed steps to create log in.
  5. Customer could log out, and log in (SO FAR SO GOOD)

CONFLUENCE SPACE

1. Opened up Confluence / Settings / Site Administration - User Management
  2. Select Invite User and add customers email, untick ALL of the application access boxes
  3. Assign the customer to a group (previously created and group was given access to relevant knowledge base space)
  4. Select Invite user and email is sent customer

THIS IS WHERE THINGS SEEM TO GO WRONG

The email the user gets sent prompts them to a log on page (i.e. not a log in setup page) where it is assumed the log in details for the service desk will be the same.  However a message comes up saying incorrect email or password.

Back on the Service desk page, if the customer logs out, when they select log in again, the are taken to a page which says "Your group uses single sign on" and provides button which says Log in with single sign on (there are no other options).  User selects this and is taken to general Atlassian log in page.  When user logs in the service desk page states 

No Access

You don't have permission to view the portal

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

Hi @Craig Doran 

• You should try to create another (local) group called e.g. "externals".
  • Then give product access to that group.
  • Place your customer in this group.
  • Let him try again

Let me know if that works.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events