When you use the Status Macro, what logic is used for sorting?

Katie Milham August 29, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Status Macro

I'm using the status macro to reflect project health (red, yellow, green).  When I sort column of color lozenges, it doesn't seem to sort properly.  Does anyone know the logic behind these lozenges?  Is it supposed to sort by color?  By text?  By something else?

3 answers

0 votes
Katie Milham September 15, 2016

Thank you!  I've been playing around with this a ton and still can't get it to work.  I have it set up as:

• On Track
  • At Risk
  • Off Track

When displayed, there is no logical order to how it shows up.  Any advice for troubleshooting this item?

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2016

There is nothing special about the status macro as a piece of content - it sorts like any other text column.

If you want to enforce a particular sort order, you'll need to add a letter or number to control it. For example:

1 Todo

2 In Progress

3 Complete

4 Failed

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2016

I thought it was just alphabetical. You mean in a basic table?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events