When will Atlassian include a text box on top of the Confluence dashboard to allow posts?

Or is this already possible and I missed something. Basically it would be the exact same thing as doing a status update. With these improvements:

• That it's right in the center of the dashboard
  • That you can place links and attach files (that go to my personal space for example)
  • That people can interact with (like, comment and share)

Thank you!

3 answers

1 accepted

I have created the following change request to Atlassian: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-32958

Hi Jorge,

you have two options:

1. Go to Admin Console > global templates and edit the welcome message

2. If Option 1 is not what you are looking for, you can overwrite your theme.

a) If you are using the default theme, go to Admin Console > layout and choose the global layout

b) If you are using your own theme, just modify global.vmd in your theme (or add it, if it's not there by copying the default global.vmd from confluence in your theme and add it to your plugin.xml)

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for jumping in. What I want to do is something like facebook/twitter/linked in:

Do you mean that I can do something like this by editing the global layout?

By editing the global layout, you can to everything ;) But what kind of information to you intend to post from the dashboard? Status posts? Or anything else?

That is described in my question on the top.

So I'm not seeing your big picture clear, but I think, for that, what you are trying to do, you need to rewrite your dashboard.

So, my advice is, to wirte your own theme. Overwriting the decorater via the admin console is not good, as you don't have a backup of what you did (like in svn or git).

If you don't wanna do one of these options, you can overwrite the default dashboard via javascript and a servlet or something like that in the background.

Those are your choices I think.

I might suggest that you open a feature request on:

https://jira.atlassian.com/

That is Atlassian's public bug and feature tracker. Posting your request there will hopefully rally others behind your cause. After a feature or bug garners an appropirate amount of community support it can be pulled into a future relase.

Thanks for sharing. I decided to first ask the community, to get a feel for it first.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

907 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you