Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When copying table cell contents, hyperlinks are not copied

Camouflage December 16, 2021

I've got a simple table with one row and eight columns. Each cell has a hyperlink to a Confluence page. I want this "index" to appear at the top of several pages. However, when I copy and paste the table, the hyperlinks are not copied. Could you please advise how to copy contents, formatting and hyperlinks such that the table is identical when pasted.

1 answer

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

Hi @Camouflage ,

Do not insert a hyperlink to the cell text, paste the hyperlink in the Excel cell, copy and paste the entire text into Confluence.

QQ截图20211217101232.png

Hi @Ollie Guan , thanks for your response. I'm not copying from Excel in this case. I created the table in one Confluence page and need to copy it, complete with hyperlinks, into several other pages. 

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

With Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, you can select multiple cells to copy, including hyperlinks. Which browser do you use and how to copy?

I used Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V in Chrome

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2021

It seems that when copying, only text is copied by default. Have you tried to copy the contents of the table to Excel? Is it possible to copy the hyperlink?

That would be yet another workaround to achieve functionality that Atlassian tools should be providing by default. Firstly, that approach would introduce additional steps and secondly, formatting would be lost.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2021

I correct my statement

It seems that when copying, only text is copied by default.

This means that I suspect that your operation only copied the text. In fact, this problem did not occur here. I can successfully copy the hyperlink.

I suspect that some shortcut keys cause your copy function to fail. Please try to restart your computer and perform the same operation again to verify. In addition, the browser version may also be a direction that can be checked.

Camouflage December 20, 2021

Which browsers and versions are supported by Confluence?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events