When a user updates a Confluence field, how can I keep that field in sync with the Jira issue?

Rick Olson May 22, 2022

We are using Confluence Cloud (premium) to capture requirements for our projects and we use Confluence's ability to create Jira issues from what we call the Story Title and Story Description in Confluence. I know that's a one time "sync" between Confluence and Jira. I'm looking to do two things:

1. How can I include a couple of other fields when the Jira issue is created?

2. How can I keep the Jira issue updated whenever the requirements team updates the values in Confluence?

2 answers

1 vote
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2022

Hi @Rick Olson ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

I can see how that would really save time to be able to modify Jira issues from within Confluence.

This isn't a feature yet, but there are a few add-ons you could probably use to do that. One example is Issue Manager for Confluence.

We do have a feature request too, so you can vote on it and you'll be updated if there is any progress made on that, if we choose to implement it.

Hope that answers your question. Have a good day!

Take care!

Srinath T 

Rick Olson May 23, 2022

Thanks your quick response!

Since we are using Confluence Cloud, Issue Manager for Confluence isn't a solution since it is for Confluence Server. I've looked at the other add-on for Confluence Cloud and I don't see anything, yet, that would seem to do the trick.

I did add my vote for the feature request to Update JIRA issue from Confluence page.

Like Srinatha T likes this
0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2022

@Rick Olson , I am not an expert on REST API's but the other options would be to implement a custom listener on confluence that use JIRA REST API in order to update all tickets displayed on your page.

More information about how-to implement a listener is available here 

But using an app would be the fasted solution as developing it will take time and lot of testing. Just giving you all the available options. 

Thanks,

Srinath T

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events