Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I uninstall the Gliffy trial plug-in will we lose our Gliffy diagrams?

Michael Kanters January 9, 2013

We tried the Gliffy plug-in for Confluence and decided we don't want it. When we uninstall our Gliffy trial plug-in will we still see our Gliffy diagrams or do we need to redo them in another tool first?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
FernandoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

Hi Michael,

If you uninstall or disable Gliffy plugin the Gliffy image won't display on the page. You'll get a "Unknown macro: 'gliffy'" error message.

However, you'll be able to visualize or download the image by going thorough "Tools" > "Attchments" > click on the gliffy-image-file.png for seeing it and for saving it just right click on the image and select "Save image as".

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

0 votes
Chris Kohlhardt January 9, 2013

Hi Michael,

We're sorry to hear that things didn't work out. I'd very much appreciate any feedback you might have to offer.

By uninstalling Gliffy, you wont lose your diagrams, but you wont be able to see them either. The diagrams are stored as attachements to your Confluence pages, and that wont change if you uninstall Gliffy. If you re-install Gliffy at a later date, your diagrams will still be there for you.

Before you uninstall Gliffy, you might consider exporting each diagram as an image and then include the image back in the relevant Confluence pages.

Chris Kohlhardt

CEO, Gliffy

Michael Kanters January 9, 2013

Thanks for the prompt replies. We tried Gliffy alongside a few other products and determined they offered us more options. The other products don't plug-in to confluence (which we will miss) but we the options in the other tools more. I did share a few comments with your help desk (which replied to may question as fast as you did). Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events