• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

When I export a big chunk of my Space, why are some images missing?

I have exported a big bunch of pages from my documentation space to HTML. It doesn't look super pretty but overall it's pretty usable. However, there are a number of images that are just randomly missing. They appear as broken image tags in my browser, and navigating the local file structure verifies they are not in the attachments folder where they should be.

I can't seem to identify anything different about the missing images vs. other images that came through just fine. Even on the same page, some images will be there and others are missing.

One strange thing I noticed when looking at a page with missing images, is in the list of attachments at the bottom of the page, the image names for the missing ones look different from the ones that are there.

Instead of showing "image-XYZ-NMP.png (image/png)" it shows something like "imageDATESTRING .png?version=1&modificationdate=XYZ&cacheVersion=1&api=v2 (image/png)" But the actual image link looks similar to the other ones. There is no local file that maps to the actual link or the bogus string shown on the page.

1 answer

0 votes
Diego Atlassian Team Dec 16, 2020

Hello @Laura McWilliams!

As I understand, you are facing a situation where random image files are missing from the HTML export you just created.

I tried to replicate this behavior but was unable to. With this in mind, I would like to ask you a few questions:

1. How many pages did you export with this HTML export in Confluence?
  2. Do you have an estimate of how many images are there on a page that displays this behavior?
  3. What is the file type of the affected image files?
  4. Are the affected images inside a macro such as the Excerpt Macro?
  5. Are the affected images included from somewhere else other than the files uploaded to the page itself (giphy, drive, excerpt include macro, page include macro)?

Let us hear from you!

Yes, you are correct about the situation.

1. I count 92 html files from the export. I counted 300 .png images.

2. I have found instances of the behavior on pages with quite a few images, like 10 or so, but also on pages where there were only like 3 images.

3. All of the images are .png files.

4. No, I don't think ANY of the affected ones are inside of a macro.

5. No, all of the images were added to the page itself.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

125 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you