Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the solution to restore confluence from windows instance to linux instance

jilong sun January 22, 2018

Previously I have a Windows confluence instance, and I have saved its MySQL data, and the confluence application data. Now I set up a new Linux instance, when I restore the data from old confluence application data zip, the error shows up as bellow: 

What can be good solution to restore the old data to new instance, both mysql data and the application data .

restore.png

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2018

Hi Jilong,

You'll need to change a few things before migrating to Linux. Have a look here:

Please review that article and let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,

Shannon

jilong sun January 24, 2018

I have connected to the old mysql database, and updated the confluence.cfg.xml, but I got the error as below, and there is no corresponding log generated under log folder.

1.png2.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2018

Jilong,

The log files are automatically generated upon startup, and you can find those here:

<confluence-home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log

As for the error, it's very common, and has a number of causes. You can review them all here:

There are about 10 solutions there so please take the time to review all of them and do let me know if you have any questions or trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

jilong sun February 22, 2018

It seems not the problem listed in the link above. The new installation can work well, but when I switched to old home installation directory, it will lead to error. Can you help to have a look into the installation machine?

Here is the linux machine: 

[redacted]

After the confluence is fixed, I can update the password.

confluence home directory: /data/atlassian, this is the old confluence home dir which I want to restore from.

new confluence home directory: /data/atlassian_new, this is the new installation which can work well.

confluence install directory: /opt/atlassian/confluence

this is the domain to access the confluence: http://wiki.neutv.cn:8090

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2018

Never post passwords.

And I would just export a full site backup from the Windows install. Then a clean install of Confluence on Linux, followed by importing the backup file.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 23, 2018

Jilong Sun,

I've removed your Linux box information for your safety. Agreed with Bill, it's never a good idea to post your passwords online or provide access to your instance or server through a public forum, even if you intend to change the password later.

If you want someone to have a look at your server itself, you can hire an Atlassian Partner to do so and provide them the login details once you do.

If for whatever reason, the Migrating between Servers article isn't working properly for your system, you can do as Bill suggested and simply just restore your full site backup onto a clean Confluence install on your Linux box. 

Let us know if you have any trouble with that.

Regards,

Shannon

jilong sun March 24, 2018

Thanks. Now I will try to firstly restore to a windows instance, and then do a backup to restore in Linux.

But when I try to restore to a windows instance, such error happens:

Confluence will not start up because the build number in the home directory [7401] doesn't match the build number in the database [7502].

I can't update the build number in home directory to 7502, since the installation's build number is 7401, which can't be 7502 which is higher than 7401. How can I fix this? fix some data field in the database?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2018

It sounds like the database was upgraded but the Confluence Home Directory is older or was not upgraded. Please see: Confluence will not start up because the build number in the Home Directory doesn't match the build number in the Database, after upgrade for instructions to diagnose and fix the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events