What's considered a large confluence installation?

Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2013

I'm trying to determine whether or not we have a large confluence installation or not. Many times in plugin documentation it'll say that it won't work well in a large installation but they never say what that means.

This is my confluence usage:

<th colspan="2" width="90%"> </th>
Total Spaces 620
Global Spaces 157
Personal Spaces 463
Content (All Versions) 753710
Content (Current Versions) 61747
Local Users 9662
Local Groups 8439
Search Index Size 334874

We have maybe between 2000-3000 unique users who use confluence every month. Is this considered large?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2013

Sean,

If you are at all unsure, talk to the add-on (plugin) vendor. You should be able to get contact information from Marketplace or UPM.

Why do I say this? The problems of a large installation can depend on how you use the plugin, the kind of plguin, and not necessarily on shear size. So given two plugins both of which warn against "large installations" --- only one may actually be an issue.

Your confluence installation is large I would say. I'm comparing it to our own CAC instance which houses all of Atlassian's documentation and KBs.

Mary

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events