Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What macro is used on the official Confluence to make those nice lists/tables?

jprateragg March 15, 2016

We're starting to add a lot of documentation to our on-premises Confluence. One of the things I liked when looking at the official Confluence documentation were the lists/tables they have. What macro is used to do the lists in the official Confluence documentation?

For example: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/writing-user-macros-4485.html Under "Create a User Macro", the list/table that's below the "To add a new user macro", I love how the table looks and I would like to be able to recreate it in my Confluence.

We're using 5.9.5. Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

I am not exactly sure. It could be the Bob Swift Advanced Tables macro or something custom with CSS because all they are doing is removing the left and right border from cells and only leaving the top/bottom border. Then they just bold the text in the first column. 

0 votes
Patrick O_Connell February 28, 2020

This isn't why I cam here, but I noticed this, so... (haven't we all been there? :-))

@jprateragg, I've looked at the page you give as an example. I see nothing not possible with just the standard table stuff available in Confluence—at least, as we use it here at MindGeek.

We're on server 6.9.x here, and as far as I know we have no macros beyond the ones equipped with the Confluence installation.

Just to see, I just copied the table from that page into one of my scratch pages in Confluence. Everything came through.

Best,
Pat O'Connell
Technical Writer
MindGeek Montreal

0 votes
Elena_Lurye March 16, 2016

or, you can just insert horizontal rule when you need to -

image2016-3-16 15:23:27.png

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2016

They're using a specific theme. I'd assume it's what's written at the bottom - Scroll Viewport.

Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 15.43.33.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events