What is the shortcut to add calendar-style dates?

Cloud Licensing November 15, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Questions and Answers

I stumbled across a shortcut/macro that allowed me to add dates in a quite a neat calendar-style date but I can't for the life of me remember what I typed to create it. Can anyone help me?

Please see screenshot below for an example of what it looks like. You can click the date and a calendar pops up.

2015-11-16 09_21_12-Start.jpg

6 answers

1 accepted

31 votes
Answer accepted
Attila Gaspar [META-INF] November 15, 2015

Try the  //

This is the solution at the meeting notes Blueprint smile

Attila

Sudheer Avula January 15, 2018

By looking at //, I thought something has been truncated after this. Was not expecting that // shows up date picker.

Thanks for the answer.

Like # people like this
Attila Gaspar [META-INF] January 16, 2018

It's magic :) :) If I am hurry, I always try to use every key two times, sometimes it helps :) :) 

Like # people like this
Patrick Dunn March 20, 2018

I am trying to provide a date field with date picker as per above. I am able to insert the variable field by typing the //, highlighting, then clicking insert template items button and choosing new variable from drop down, however no calendar pops up in either Edit or Preview mode in the template. What am I missing?

Attila Gaspar [META-INF] June 2, 2018

Hi @Patrick Dunn

Could you send me a print screen how do you try? I missed the line are you in a template editor creating a page template or in a page edit mode?

Attila

Alex Shirley September 11, 2019

I would have never guessed // activates the date picker. Where is this documented???

Like Toby Osbourn likes this
Rudolf Arada March 9, 2020

Is there a similar macro I can use in a Jira card? Thanks

Like boardtc likes this
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2020

Having UG to Jira 8.5 I was really hoping // would add the datepicker in Jira :-(

@Alex Shirley it's documented https://atlassian.design/server/components/date-picker/

Like # people like this
Rudolf Arada May 7, 2020

Currently // is not supported in Jira, why? And now in current version of Confluence Cloud, no longer supported! What's the new shortcut? Thanks.

Attila Gaspar [META-INF] May 12, 2020

@Rudolf Arada I tried in our production Confluence Cloud, and // is working properly. I recommend you to create a support ticket for Atlassian

perper.png

Like Rudolf Arada likes this
James Whitby January 12, 2021

The link given above for the documentation of the date picker and associated shortcut does not work for me, and searching for 'date picker', 'date' or 'picker' under https://atlassian.design/components does not return anything useful.

4 votes
Laura Riddle June 19, 2018

// worked like a charm!

1 vote
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 3, 2022

Hi there,

Typing // to add a date on your Confluence pages works like a charm. There's another trick allowing you to save time.

Handy Date from our Handy Macros for Confluence adds the ability to change dates in the page view mode without editing the page. It's available for any hosting. This app also includes macros to create dropdowns, buttons, timestamps, and others so you can get much more than just a date picker with its help. See the gif below for details

Date.gif

0 votes
Ken Ng January 4, 2019

Can the dates we add with the // shortcut be added into a calendar as an event?  if so, how....

Deleted user February 19, 2019

If you include these sorts of dates in a Task List, then they will show as the Due Date in the Task Report Macro.

Like Ken Ng likes this
0 votes
Les December 28, 2018

Is there a way to have the result of // display time next to the date?

0 votes
Hannah Zambrano June 21, 2018

This shortcut is no longer working, at least not with the new pages version anyone has a clue of what the new shortcut is??? 

Tim Holweg June 21, 2018

yes i have the same issue only on new pages, old pages // still works...

Robert Duffer June 27, 2018

We are on server version 6.3 and the // works perfectly.  What version are you at?

Hannah Zambrano June 28, 2018

I have no idea in which server version I am :( just know that the // shortcut doe snot on the NEW templates that Confluence is rolling out (like the meeting one). The shortcut does work on pages in the 'old' format. 

Where can I see in which version I am? 

Kesha Thill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2018

Hi @Hannah Zambrano

It sounds like you may actually be on Cloud? I can't confirm, but if you're seeing the new templates in your instance then the // shortcut for the date picker isn't currently functional. To access the date picker, please use the macro menu (the + in the editing bar). We're working on getting the shortcut rolled out asap! 

Hannah Zambrano July 2, 2018

Hi @Kesha Thill Thanks for the reply... funny I have worked with confluence for 4 years already in 2 different companies and I have no clue if I was on the cloud or not. Will keep an eye on the editing, there are a lot of small problems with these new formats :( hope you guys finish the rollout soon. :( 

Anthony David December 7, 2018

FYI, // now works on Cloud

Like Raphael Chabaud likes this
Raphael Chabaud March 6, 2019

it does work on cloud just tried it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events