What is the shortcut to add calendar-style dates?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Questions and Answers

I stumbled across a shortcut/macro that allowed me to add dates in a quite a neat calendar-style date but I can't for the life of me remember what I typed to create it. Can anyone help me?

Please see screenshot below for an example of what it looks like. You can click the date and a calendar pops up.

2015-11-16 09_21_12-Start.jpg

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Try the  //

This is the solution at the meeting notes Blueprint smile

Attila

By looking at //, I thought something has been truncated after this. Was not expecting that // shows up date picker.

Thanks for the answer.

It's magic :) :) If I am hurry, I always try to use every key two times, sometimes it helps :) :) 

I am trying to provide a date field with date picker as per above. I am able to insert the variable field by typing the //, highlighting, then clicking insert template items button and choosing new variable from drop down, however no calendar pops up in either Edit or Preview mode in the template. What am I missing?

Hi @Patrick Dunn

Could you send me a print screen how do you try? I missed the line are you in a template editor creating a page template or in a page edit mode?

Attila

// worked like a charm!

This shortcut is no longer working, at least not with the new pages version anyone has a clue of what the new shortcut is??? 

yes i have the same issue only on new pages, old pages // still works...

We are on server version 6.3 and the // works perfectly.  What version are you at?

I have no idea in which server version I am :( just know that the // shortcut doe snot on the NEW templates that Confluence is rolling out (like the meeting one). The shortcut does work on pages in the 'old' format. 

Where can I see in which version I am? 

Hi @Hannah Zambrano

It sounds like you may actually be on Cloud? I can't confirm, but if you're seeing the new templates in your instance then the // shortcut for the date picker isn't currently functional. To access the date picker, please use the macro menu (the + in the editing bar). We're working on getting the shortcut rolled out asap! 

Hi @Kesha Thillainayagam Thanks for the reply... funny I have worked with confluence for 4 years already in 2 different companies and I have no clue if I was on the cloud or not. Will keep an eye on the editing, there are a lot of small problems with these new formats :( hope you guys finish the rollout soon. :( 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

569 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you