What is the max size for exporting PDFs of a page?

Ashley Honeycutt April 25, 2024

I can only find references to the max file size for exporting entire spaces in PDF format, but I can't find anything related to the size limits of a particular page

Would anybody here happen to know the answer to that?

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2024

Hi @Ashley Honeycutt ,

The PDF export is processed by Confluence in a separated Java process to avoid problems with the main Confluence process. The Sandbox process has a limited memory to use. By default the process can use up to 512 MB, however, depending on the page size and complexity.

Increase the memory available for the Sandbox with the parameter:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/pdf-page-export-fails-with-sandboxcrashedexception-sandbox-has-crashed-while-serving-the-request-1032263366.html

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2024

Hi, @Ashley Honeycutt.  Like you, I cannot find anything about size limits for exporting a single page, but I think we have to assume the same 2GB limit that applies to spaces would be the upper limit here, too.

Are running into a problem exporting a single page?  What error message you are you getting?  Screenshots would be helpful.

-dave

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events