What is the difference between confluence blueprint and a template?

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2017

As per my understanding blueprints and templates are both the same. 

as i undestood the difference is blueprints are default templates comes with confluence. templates are diffine by user.

am i correct? Or what is the clear difference?

3 answers

3 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2017

A blueprint may be a page or space blueprint. I suppose you address page blueprints.

A page blueprint may have multiple templates. There is an example where a blueprint wizard allows to select a template to create a page. But (at least in my experience) there is most often a 1:1 mapping of template to blueprint. I'd like to think of a blueprint as the whole bundle which includes for instance the page wizard. The template is only one part of that bundle.

There are also templates that may be defined by users in Confluence (without creating an add-on). AFAIK these are not called blueprints. But I do not use them.

[Updated] Here are pointers to information on the Atlassian website to this topic:

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2017

thank you robert for the clear explanation 

1 vote
Answer accepted
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2018

Hi Alana,

This comminity post Template vs Blueprint could also be useful: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Template-vs-Blueprint/qaq-p/190847

Regards,
Stephan

1 vote
Answer accepted
Magui Al Ahmar June 4, 2018
Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2018

Thank you @Magui Al Ahmar

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events