What is the default password for an Invited users for Confluence cloud

Diane Bethell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 1, 2019

Hi,

We have setup a space in Confluence Cloud and when we invite users, it send them email to Join the space but to join the space they are asked to provide username which is their email but what is the default password to login as we don't have an option to setup password for users before sending invitation to login? 

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2019

Hello,

There is no default password in Cloud and Conflunce Administrator also can not set a password. If the users have a google.com email, they can use google authentication, if not, they should use the forgot password link to set their password.

Michael Migliori
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2020

Is this serious?? You invite someone and they are prompt with a login page and have to guess themselves that they need to use the reset password process (first they have to guess that this is accessible by clicking on "Can't log in?").

How can atlassian seriously think that this is a good process? This is really unprofessional... Now I'm going to have to send an email to our new users explaining them that we are sorry, we use a poorly designed product and we cannot send them a reset password link, they have to first accept the invite and go through the reset password process themselves... It's embarrassing and a waste a time... :(

Like # people like this
adam liptak
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 8, 2022

I agree, this is absolutely ridiculous ! Once logged in there should be an first time change password option and not required feeld "old password" which initialy no one knows. Not to mention I dont have such option even as an admin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events