Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to migrate multiple spaces from one confluence instance to a newer one? I have

saurya June 19, 2022

I have multiple spaces on confluence, and I need to migrate all of the data into a newer verson of confluence website. What would be the best approach to for this task? I have admin for both of the sites.

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2022

Hi @saurya

Welcome to the community!

For just a few spaces, you want to export the full spaces with and xml export. Then import to the new instance.  

1. Make sure that if your pages have plugins they are also available on the new instance.

2. Also ensure that existing spaces in the new instance do not have the same key as the one you import.  If that's the case you have to may want to change the key of the space you want to import.

There may be more things, but these are the key ones I think.

Good luck

saurya June 19, 2022

Hey @Fabian Lim 

Thanks for the welcome. 

I'm having some difficulty because I have around 150 spaces I need to export.
The new server has all the previous plugins and a few others. Regarding the space key, I don't think renaming the space key will be a big issue. The real issue is the misuse of spaces. Any sort of advice would be great!

Sincerely, 

Saurya 

Naman Batra January 4, 2024

Hi @saurya 

What approach did you take finally? We have a similar scenario and looking for options!

Naman

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events