What is the best way to collect tasks for a new project

synchronisator December 2, 2021

Hello,

i am planning a new project and want to collect Tasks that should be done.

Is there a goode template for this?

I dont want to create jira storys/tasks/... because while i am planning it there will be a lot of changes to these tasks.

(sorry for my english, hope you understand what i want.)

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Carmen S. December 2, 2021

Hey there and welcome to the community!

There are several ways to approch this, depending on what you want exactly.

Maybe to get started look in to the Product Reqirements blueprint.

You can either modify the blueprint in your Space Configuration or I suggest you create your own Taskmanagement-Page (Overview) and Subpages (Task) in a similar way using the

1. Create from Template Macro the 
  2. Page Properties Macro and the
  3. Page Properties Report Macro

You will then have a dynamic list of Tasks showing all the Properties you want to see on the overview Page - same as the Product Requirements. And since you will have a page per task you have the posibility to document the details of the task.

You would have to:

1. Create a new Template in the Space you are working in. Add the Page Properties Macro to the Page, place a Table (two columns) into the Macro and enter the properties you require in the first column (name, description, due date, status ..) and make sure to Label the Template (i.e. Label: Task)

> or just copy&paste the content of the Product Requirement Template into your new Template

2. Create a new Page in the Space you are working in (i.e. Project Tasks)

3. Add the Create from Template Macro to the page (Configure the macro: select the new Template you created)
  4. Add the Page Properties Report Makro to the page. Make sure you select the Label you have set (i.e. Task)

I don't know if this helps, but if yes - then great :-)

synchronisator December 2, 2021

Thank you very much. That helped a lot!

Like Carmen S. likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events