Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Confluence Email Gateway?

Deleted user April 15, 2013

We noticed a disabled System plug-in in our Confluence 5.1 (download) called Confluence Email Gateway. We enabled it, and now we have this new button in the Create dialog:

Page from email

When you click on that, you get

create page from an email

I would love to use this feature, but maybe it is only in development? There is no help anywhere on the web for how to set it up - we tried setting up a POP email account in the back-end, setting up the scheduled task, etc, but couldn't get it to work.

Does anyone know how to work this?

6 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

Actually this plugin is disabled in Confluence 5.1, as Atlassian is still working on it, we hope to see this plugin's documentation soon. :)

4 votes
kat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2013

Hi Adam,

The Email Gateway is a feature that's still in development, sorry about that. We're working on it but don't currently have a timeline for when it will be shipped. Thanks for the feedback though, it's good to know that people are interested in having the functionality in Confluence!

Cheers,
Anna

Mark Armitage October 1, 2015

Any timeline yet?

Eric_Mertens November 8, 2018

Aside from timeline (ETA) i am also interested in the intended usage/functionality of the addon feature. What is the idea behind it ... and yes i can assume many things based on the name itself. But we all know what comes from "assumptions " .......

Data --> Information --> Knowledge  ......

1 vote
antigone klima April 17, 2015

Hello! Where are we on this, please?

1 vote
Sven
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2014

Now we have September 2014 and it's still in development?

(just upgraded to 5.5.4 and discovered this disabled Plugin, too)

???

0 votes
Rick van Twillert (TMC) August 28, 2019

And again 2 years later... will this be a Confluence 7 feature?

0 votes
Robert Domingcil November 2, 2017

Hello, 

It's two year later. I see this in system add-on's. Do we have documentation for this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events