What happens with links between Jira and Confluence if we move to cloud with Confluence only?

Robert October 3, 2019

At the moment we are running Jira Software, Jira Service Desk and Confluence in server. We are planning to migrate only Confluence to the cloud. The question is, what will happen with the links to the Jira SW and SD (back and forth), and if needed, how we can make them work after the migration? I'd like to be on the safe side before migrating.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2019

Hello Róbert,

This is a great question on how your links will function between server and cloud products post-migration. The short answer is you should be able to access these links after your migration is done. The long answer is there are some prep work steps and planning that need to be considered before, during and after the migration. More about this may be found at Plan your Confluence Server to Cloud migration with additional information at Confluence server to cloud migration FAQs.

Ideally, when you migrate you’ll need to re-create your application links between your Confluence Cloud instance and your Jira Server instance. You’ll also need to either update URLs within Jira with database queries or create CNAME DNS records (a redirect) from the old URL to your new Cloud instance URL.

I hope this information proves helpful and you’re able to make the migration with ease.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Robert October 6, 2019

Thank you Stephen! I was afraid of the manual database manipulation. Some automated helper tool to do this might be useful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events