What does "last updated" mean when viewing a user?

Tom_tom December 2, 2019

For example, when you login as admin and click on a user to view their attributes and it shows,

Last Updated Nov 29, 2019 17:45

does this mean the last time a user has updated content in confluence? Or when content created by this user has been modified by another user? Or when this user has been mentioned?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sebastian Kurrek December 2, 2019

Hello Tom Tom,

as far as i know it just displays the actions of this user. So the last time he created oder updated some content.

does this mean the last time a user has updated content in confluence?

- Yes

when content created by this user has been modified by another user?

- No

Or when this user has been mentioned?

-No

Tom_tom December 2, 2019

Ok thanks for the info

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019

The last updated time against a user is the time the User Profile was last updated - not the time they last updated Confluence content.

Tom_tom December 2, 2019

Interesting: when a user update contents, won't that update a user profile in the "Activity" tab? The last updated seems to correlate with the date of the user's content change.

I think that are two different thinks.

The Activity Tab will Update. But the Profile has its own "Updated" Attribute and this will update if the user profile was updated. 

I Thought about the activity Stream 

Tom_tom December 2, 2019

Hmm, I know that I have not edited my profile today and my "last updated" shows today. The only action that I have done is to create a new page.

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019

I'm using Confluence 6.14, and the Activity shows a list of most recent updates in Confluence.

The "last updated" against my user profile shows July 3rd 2019, which is when my account was created.

Hope somebody can confirm or contradict my next information:

Im not sure if different authentications update your profile.

- like LDAP Sync

- or check your profile with every authentication

Tom_tom December 2, 2019

That is interesting. The other user attributes ("Last login") are not updating and I'm using SSO via ldap, so maybe the "Last updated" is actually being mapped to the SSO's last login (my setup is not correct). Can anyone else confirm "Last updated" should only update when a user modifies their profile and doesn't make content changes?

Tom_tom December 2, 2019

Yep last updated does not correspond to latest activity, been reviewing several users.

Like Sebastian Kurrek likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events