What does flush queue do?

Hi,

Our queue content is building up and it's also saying queue is currently idle. There's an option to flush queue but I am not sure exactly what that does. Does that mean pushing those items through indexing manually? If I did that, it's not going to "cancel" all those tasks right? (I am fairly new to Confluence :))

Thank you!

Amy

2 answers

0 votes
Boris Berenberg Community Champion Dec 15, 2017

Are you sure you're not looking at the mail queue? If so, thats a list of outbound emails that it's trying to send. Flushing it will force it to try and re-send all of them at the same time. It's a safe operation to perform.

0 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Dec 15, 2017

Hi Amy,

It is safe to go ahead and manually flush the index queue. Queue flush is for incremental indexing, which adds recently updated or changed data to the existing index.

If the index queue continues to build up, a good next step would be to rebuild the content index from scratch as described in How to Rebuild the Content Indexes From Scratch on Confluence Server This requires restarting Confluence, which will get the scheduled jobs going again in most cases. 

The queue is almost always idle, so that's okay, however, you could be facing an issue where scheduled jobs like flushing the index queue are not happening as expected. Later versions are more robust but if you are using a version prior to Confluence 5.9.3 you may face this bug: Quartz scheduled jobs can stop running until restart

I look forward to hearing whether reindexing from scratch and restarting Confluence helps your content index start flushing automatically as expected.

Thanks,

Ann

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,088 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you