What are the use cases of marking links in red and unabling to edit them?

Dolores Rhyme November 28, 2022

Hi community,

Sometimes I find that links are marked in grey. In the editor, the red links are blue, but I can't edit them.

Screenshot 2022-11-25 at 2.50.59 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-11-25 at 2.48.38 PM.png

What are the reasons of this behaviour?

I would be really grateful for the answer.

2 answers

1 vote
WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2022

Hi @Dolores Rhyme ,

Those links are either broken or someone created them in order to prompt them to later create a page named the same as the link.

See Undefined Page Links

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

A red link appears when the server cannot reach the page you have linked to for some reason.

In the editor, try unblinking the text before editing it.

Dolores Rhyme December 1, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-I'm really grateful for your answer. But, for the most part, broken links are editable. Why is that in some cases they are totally ineditable? Maybe, you have an assumption.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

What do you mean by "totally ineditable"?  You can always edit the text of the body of a page, whether it's in a link, macro, or just the plain body.

Dolores Rhyme December 1, 2022

You can see the screenshot in my question that shows a link that can't be editable, it's broken. That's why I wonder how it happens that some broken links are editable, but some you can only unlink and attach a new onw. Why so...?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events