What are the recommendations for running Confluence in a virtual environment?

myakotnikova January 17, 2020

In our organization, we have been using confluence recently.
Faced with the problem of slow operation - when several people visit the site, the confluence begins to hang

we have a confluence deployed on our server.
We have a confluence in a virtual environment, but we did not find clear requirements. Here are our characteristics of the 4vCPU virtual environment (in fact, there are 2 physical processors on the server) and 8Gb RAM (I don’t know much about this; the information was transferred to me by IT)
Please tell me how can I increase the performance of confluence?
For information - in confluence we plan to work as a whole company, at the same time up to 10 people can be in it

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2020

It sounds like you have enough CPU power. If you have the option to use hyperthreaded cores, that will give you some improvement with Java applications.  Is your database on the same server? If so, 8GB might be a little small. You might want to add 2 or 4GB more memory.  Make sure that they virtual resource groups are not limiting the performance of the virtual machine.  I would also verify that your storage latency is reasonably fast. Finally, I would consider increasing the amount of heap memory allocated to Confluence.  It may be that you are exhausting the allocated memory.  

It's very rare when we see any Atlassian applications hosted on bare metal servers any more. Pretty much everyone runs them on some virtual technology.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events