Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebHook for confluence

Arun Janarthanan November 22, 2018

Team,

Please help in creating and configuring webhooks for confluence.

Objective is to get notified when confluence events occur.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2020

I'm excited to announce that webhooks will be available in Confluence 7.7.0 for Server and Data Center. 

Registering a webhook can be done through the UI or using the REST API. 

You can check it out right now in the Confluence 7.7 Beta, or take a look at the documentation:

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2020

Will Cloud get the ability to manage webhooks via a UI???

Like # people like this
Tobias October 24, 2022

Hi @Rachel Robins

I raised a new feature request:

Currently, for me, the added value of the feature is not clear, since the triggering of the webhook applies globally to the whole confluence environment. So it is currently not possible to receive notifications for the spaces about which I want to be informed about changes and only about them.

So i hope that Atlassian will soon offer a way to limit this to individual sapces, similar to the functionality that already exists in Jira.

Like Ganna Kucher likes this
0 votes
Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 26, 2020

Hi Arun,

Update: This app is discontinued. You can register your own webhooks, see this page https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/modules/webhook/

We have released a free app on Atlassian Marketplace which adds webhooks and webhooks admin page in Confluence: Webhooks for Confluence

Give it a try and let us know if you face any issues.

Best,

Kumar

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2020

Dead link

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2018

Hello Arun and welcome to the Community!

Webhooks for Confluence are a great idea. They would allow you to use a much simpler method to get data out of Confluence without having to interact with the REST API.

While this is a great idea, it is not yet a feature as of today. We do however have a feature request to add this as an available feature. For Confluence server: CONFSERVER-52487 and Confluence cloud: CONFCLOUD-55179. We would urge you to vote and watch either one of these so you may get updates on these feature requests.

Once again, webhooks for Confluence is a great idea!

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events