Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDav behavior and configuration

hans-peter.geier June 12, 2012

I have a strange observation:

Some time ago, I loaded a whole structure of pages into a Confluence space using WebDav interface.

Everything fine so far. I can also use WebDav to browse the structure without problem.

Now I created another space and built the page structure using UWC.

When I use WebDav on this space to browse, I can see only the levels Global, the space name, the Home page and one more level of pages.

Everything which is on a deeper level is not shown in WebDav.

In an attempt to resolve this issue, I found the checkbox Disable strict path check in the WebDav Configuration screen.

This box was unchecked.

To experiment, I checked this box. NOW WebDav shows all levels of the page structure.

Questions:

a) is this the expected behavior? Or is this a bug of the UWC?

b) What is the risk of checking the Disable strict path check box?

c) The text on this configuration page mentions some risk, but refers to https://developer.atlassian.com/jira/browse/WBDV-175 for details.

I do not have access to this Jira project. So I'm seeking your advice regarding which potential risks I have to worry about.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christian Reichert June 13, 2012

You may have to rebuild the ancestor Table like described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Rebuilding+the+Ancestor+Table

This usually fixes this bevaviour. We expierience the same Problem once in a while.

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2012

Yes, rebuilding the ancestor table should be able to fix this issue as suggested in the support ticket that you have raised to us :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events