Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are looking for a way to use an interactive diagram that link/launch in to confluence documents

Jeff Wild December 11, 2020

Want to have a flow chart diagram be the launching point to redirect to related confluence documents. Say the diagram has 3 boxes each showing data flow. each box has a separate function and effects the data flow. We want to be able to click on a box and be redirected to Confluence docs that relate to that box, the hows, the whys and detailed functions.

Is there such an animal?

6 answers

2 votes
David (K15t) December 14, 2020

Hi Jeff,

I am not sure if you're looking to draw the diagrams in Confluence or if you have them ready as to go as image files. If you want to draw and link them, I think anything like draw.io or Gliffy will provide the features you need. If you're looking to link images you already have, Scroll ImageMap might help you out here.

Cheers,

David

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2020

David is correct! :) With Gliffy, you can add hyperlinks in text or create links for the shapes in your diagram. They can connect to other diagrams, other confluence pages, or a web address.

1 vote
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2020

Hi Jeff!

This can absolutely be done with Gliffy. :) You can link shapes or add text hyperlinks to other web addresses, Confluence pages within your instance, and even other Gliffy Diagrams you've built.

I tried to grab screenshots for you, but my comment won't post while they're attached. Hopefully this is enough to get you started! Please let me know if you have any questions. :)

1 vote
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2020

Hi Jeff!

This can absolutely be done in Gliffy! (I love getting to say that.)

You can add hyperlinks to text in your diagram or use the link button in the tool bar to turn one of your shapes into a link to a web page, a page in your Confluence instance, another Gliffy diagram, or a specific section of the page where you're inserting the diagram.

I tried to include some screenshots for you, but it seems to be blocking my comment. Please let me know if you have any further questions or need help testing those features!

1 vote
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2020

Hi! You can definitely do this in Gliffy. (I love getting to say that).

I use this feature when building site maps or wireframes so that I can link to the content I'm referring to or show the next click. You can link to a web address, another Gliffy Diagram, a page in Confluence, or a specific piece of content on the page where you're inserting a diagram.

Here are two screenshots. First, just adding a hyperlink to the text in your diagram via the text tool:
Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 7.55.19 AM.png

Second: adding a link to a shape in your diagram via the link button (next to the comment bubble) in the Gliffy toolbar:

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 7.57.34 AM.png

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any qs!

rachelc December 16, 2020

test

1 vote
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2020

You can use a Gliffy diagram! (Literally my favorite thing to get to tell people.)

In Gliffy, you can link an entire shape or add a hyperlink to text that will allow your user to jump to a new page or another Gliffy diagram. I use this feature all the time while building site maps so that my team can see where a planned page will fit within our site structure, then click on it to immediately see our wireframe. I also like to add next-clicks to wireframes to make them more interactive.

I'm adding two screenshots.
First, a quick glance of how you can hyperlink within text: 
Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 7.55.19 AM.png
Second, what it looks like when you click the link icon in the Gliffy toolbar up top. You can search for a Confluence page, add a web link, or look for on-page content to link to.
Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 7.57.34 AM.png

Hope this is exactly what you need! Please let me know if you have any other qs.

Samie

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2020

You haven't said if you want the diagram to be within Confluence or externally, but I think most diagram drawing software allows you to add links to the shapes and even the connections between those.

Google Drawings surely does:

Untitled-drawing-Google-Drawings.png

Maryam Sharifzadeh March 31, 2022

Hi @Aron Gombas _Midori_ , Thank you! however, we use Google Drawing, I published my drawing file on web and share it for everyone and then embed it in our confluence cloud site. (our Drawing file) but I see this error, do you know what should we do? I searched a lot
1.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events