Way of auditing pages with broken macros?

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2012

I'd like to clean up our instance of Confluence, removing some of the plugins we don't need. My plan is to rip out the plugins in the test environment, then try and get a list of pages with broken macros to use to notify the space admins they need to fix. Is there anyway to obtain such a list?

We're still on Confluence 3.5.16.

Looking in the database I can see it's possible to query for any references to the macro tags, but I can't come up with any practical way of mapping these to the plugins I'd like to uninstall. Any clues?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2012

Here is an alternative:

1. Disable the plugin
  2. Test to see what pages are broken - How to test a Confluence instance for macro errors

You might want to test first so you catch anything that is currently broken. However, with this test, you are breaking existing users once you disable the macro and the test can take long time if you have a large number of pages.

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2012

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2012
  1. Go to Admin -> plugins
  2. For the plugin you think you want to remove, click on Manage plugin modules
  3. Look in the list for items that have a description saying Macro or look like macros
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2012

Thanks Bob, if no one comes up with a better solution I'll accept this. It's a little arduous, especially for the Adaptavist Essentials which seems to have about 50 macros crammed in there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events