Viewing second-most recent version of an embedded document

Alyssa November 16, 2013

I would like to host our monthly departmental service desk statistics in Confluence. With an embedded Excel doc, I can update the document with new data each month and executives can always check that same page for the most recent performance--this is great!

BUT.

They would also like to be able to compare this month with last month. That is, show the second-most recent version of the document in another page or lower on the page. Is this possible? Or do I have to manually upload each file and change the confluence page text each time to show this month and last month?

Any ideas welcome.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alyssa November 24, 2013

The data is all available in a SQL database, so we could run a 6mo analysis, if needed. But Excel was not made to handle so much data, so I don't want to design our system like that. I think I will just manually update the attachments.

Josch Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2013

oK, so you did it right already and have all the data :) So just use the excel to present the resultset from the queries dynamically. One query per tab, and then show the tabs inside the wiki.

Dont know, though, how that will work with passwords, which might be necessary to update the excel tables, could be that every user who can update the excel needs an DB account.

0 votes
Josch Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013
And next time once ypu solved this, they ask for a 6months delta analysis ... Do it right and store ALL data and use a datefilter inside excel to consolidate the numbers you need to tab 1. confluence ist just there to display tab 1 of the excel.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events