Viewing a list of existing labels when adding a label; Issue using a dash/hyphen to precede a label

Lauren Bertsch April 26, 2021

What is the best way for someone to view existing labels?  When I go to add a label on a Confluence page, it pulls up a maximum of 5 labels that begin with that letter but not a list to scroll through. If there are more than 5, how can I view the whole list?

If I precede the label with a - or a -- for "special label" purposes, it seems to pull the first 5 in alphabetical order for labels with the -, but if I enter in --, no labels appear until I enter a letter. To find a label with a specific letter or -- in the label, I can enter % before the letter or character, but again, no more than 5 will appear.

Why am I able to create and add labels that I precede with a (-) or (--) but when I pull a report such as a Labels List report, the labels that start with the - or -- characters are not listed.  I find that other macros with labels are hit or miss with labels that begin with a - or --.

thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2021

@Lauren Bertsch 

This sounds like a bug or something that Atlassian needs to resolve.  I would suggest submitting it here as a bug or a feature request.  https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Lauren Bertsch September 22, 2021

Thanks for the suggestion!

Like Brant Schroeder likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events