It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

View template used

Hello.

I've created some differents templates in Confluence. 

I want to know for each page created, what template  was used to create every page. 

It's is possible to know? 

In the "page information" menu not appears this information.

Thanks in advanced.

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dominic_Lagger Community Leader Oct 23, 2019

Hi @Marta_Gil 

The only solution I can think of, is to set a label to your template. Then, all pages which are created with a template will get this label and then you can count how many pages have the specific label.

This means, no body is allowed to remove the label of the created page. 

Regards,

Dominic

Thanks for your help.

1 vote
Answer accepted

No, the templates only matter when you create the page, they're irrelevant after then.

Some people add page properties or labels to templates so that they can track them, but people can remove those as they edit a page.

Thanks for your help

Hi @Marta_Gil 

I would like to present another solution using our app Page Tree Creator

The Page Tree Creator can copy multi page templates. And the template pages are standard Confluence pages.
It is possible to insert some placeholders to give information about the used template.

So for example a link to the template page can be automatically be inserted into the new created pages. Information about the template creator or the template version can also be inserted automatically.

Hopefully this could solve your problem.

Best Regards,

Nadja (Software Engineer at EPS Software Engineering AG, the vendor of the Page Tree Creator)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

306 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you