View template used

Marta_Gil October 23, 2019

Hello.

I've created some differents templates in Confluence. 

I want to know for each page created, what template  was used to create every page. 

It's is possible to know? 

In the "page information" menu not appears this information.

Thanks in advanced.

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2019

No, the templates only matter when you create the page, they're irrelevant after then.

Some people add page properties or labels to templates so that they can track them, but people can remove those as they edit a page.

Marta_Gil October 25, 2019

Thanks for your help

Mark Wittkampf
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 17, 2023

I actually think it is useful to know what template was used after creation, because I have found some pages that I like the format and would like to use it as well, but it takes ages to find and match it with the available templates in the list.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2023

It's not that useful, templates tend to change over time...

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2019

Hi @Marta_Gil 

The only solution I can think of, is to set a label to your template. Then, all pages which are created with a template will get this label and then you can count how many pages have the specific label.

This means, no body is allowed to remove the label of the created page. 

Regards,

Dominic

Marta_Gil October 25, 2019

Thanks for your help.

0 votes
Nadja Schedler November 5, 2019

Hi @Marta_Gil 

I would like to present another solution using our app Page Tree Creator

The Page Tree Creator can copy multi page templates. And the template pages are standard Confluence pages.
It is possible to insert some placeholders to give information about the used template.

So for example a link to the template page can be automatically be inserted into the new created pages. Information about the template creator or the template version can also be inserted automatically.

Hopefully this could solve your problem.

Best Regards,

Nadja (Software Engineer at EPS Software Engineering AG, the vendor of the Page Tree Creator)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events