View mode when editing a page

Metin Barhanko February 15, 2018

When editing a page there seems to be two different views.

Default is the hierarchy page shows details of frames etc and not user friendly when editing just simple text.

Second one is that the page in edit mode keeps it's normal view but is in edit mode. This view is much more powerful when editing a page in meetings with others.

The problem is that I haven't found how to change the page view in editing mode.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2018

There are two editing modes in Confluence 6, but they're not what you describe, and you can only use one at a time - there's a global flag that toggles the "collaborative editing" on and off.  They look similar though, the difference is all about seeing other users active on a page.

I think you're simply looking at the layout command.  In the editor's command bar, look for the section button.  It will toggle a second bar below on and off, and highlight where the areas are in your page.  This bar is about layout over content.

Not so easy to explain.

see different views in attached pictures.

This looks to be the default view:p1.JPG

This is the view I want to use (without the frame sections for section, column, panel etc):

p2.JPG

It looks to be that I receives panels and frames as default, which is a macro.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2018

Ah, hang on, what version of Confluence are you on?

Metin Barhanko February 16, 2018

Confluence 6.4.2

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2018

Hmm, then I'm a little confused on what you want.

What you're seeing is the standard edit mode.  The editor needs to be able to show you the content of macros, otherwise you can't edit them.  There is no other way to edit, because you wouldn't be able to edit properly.

Metin Barhanko February 19, 2018

Yes. I have got answers to my question (I have recently started to creating pages in confluence). 

Dennis Wohlbold April 9, 2020

@Metin Barhanko - i have got the same question like you. What is the answer to the question?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events