Variable in Confluence template includes a comma

Christian Bitschnau August 21, 2018

Hello, this is my first post here, so please excuse if I am not doing this correctly.

I have created a template in which I would like to use several variables. Some of those should be "lists" i.e. drop down menus. The problem is that some of the options in this list contain commas (e.g. one option would be "B3,R5"). If I put in like this, Confluence interprets it as two options "B3" and "R5", not as one "B3,R5".

It is not possible for me to replace the commas because they are names that we use through out the company. If, for example, I replace the comma with a dash it would not mean the same thing.

Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2018

Christian,

Please see the text below as well as documentation from atlassian.

Hint: Type $ and the variable name, then press Enter to add a new variable or to select an existing variable from a list of suggestions. The suggestions dialog shows variables already defined in this template.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/create-a-template-296093779.html

Victor

Merlin June 14, 2019

Sadly this dose not answer the question at all.

The OP is actually asking for escape characters in List variables.

to make a comma ', ' read as string contained in any List entry and not as a List Seperator, not creating a separate list entry.

is it possible to include a comma char in a List entry?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events