Utilsing AUI Tab Macro's or Navitabs

vanessa January 20, 2017

Hi,

Please can someone help me regarding the usage of tab macro's.   I've created a template at the moment that utilises the Deck of Cards Macro - this allows me to create tabs horizontal at the top of my page and allows the user to change views by selecting each tab.   However, when I select the edit option to edit the page in Confluence, it doesn't appear user friendly and users have to scroll to the relevant card label to edit the content on that tab.   Is there a more efficient way to edit an individual tab?  If I were to upgrade our licence to utilise the AUI Tab Macro or the Navitabs - would this resolve my issue? Or do I need some other additional plugin.  Please can someone help me with this?  Thanks  Vanessa

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2017

No matter which macro you use you will still get the same look in edit mode. That is how the Confluence editor works. It puts in placeholders for macros, but does not render them as they would look when viewing the page. Unless you need one of the special features that the navitabs aDD-ON has I would recommend the Spectrum Formatting Macros. Just like all the other tab macros in Confluence(including Navitabs) it utilizes Atlassian's AUI Tab API, but it is free as opposed to Navitabs.

Michael_Coxe August 30, 2017

Um, Spectrum Formatting Macros aren't free. Price starts at $1 per user, which drops at 250+ users. Maybe it was once free perhaps?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2017

They just recently made it a paid add-on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events