Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the table of contents macro, Can I display the ToC that has no bullets?

sidhartha May 12, 2015

I have a FAQ page with a lot of questions, having different heading levels. When I apply the Table of Contents macro, all the questions appear as a bulleted list. However, I do not want a bulleted list. I want a simple ToC without any bullets/numbers. I have used 'None' in List Style 

4 answers

1 vote
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2015

"none" works for me most of the time (lower case).

image2015-5-13 10:10:19.png

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2015

Added a screen shot ...

0 votes
Chris Nicholls March 13, 2019

This is a very late post compared to the original question from 4 years ago! But in case anyone has the same problem as me, I found that if I typed 'none' in the List Style I still had bullet points, but if I typed 'None' it got rid of them.

This is different to what is stated in the Atlassian Documentation (https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/table-of-contents-macro-182682099.html)

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 4.52.58 pm.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-14 at 4.50.45 pm.png 

0 votes
sidhartha May 12, 2015

attaching a screenshot for your reference.

2.png

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2015

Oh I see: I have this problem, too, if I use sections from the page layout "tool" (e.g. if I have three columns). (that's way I said "most of the time" ;) ). If this is the case for you, too, I sorry to say that I have no solution for that. I do not use the page layout sections if I need the toc.

sidhartha May 13, 2015

Thanks for your inputs..Will let you know if I find a solution.

0 votes
sidhartha May 12, 2015

tried using none (lower case) but to no use. sad

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2015

I'm using Confluence 5.7 and I think it works since 5.4.1 this way. I'm speaking of the "Table of Contents" Macro. Maybe I am talking of a different macro?

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2015

Sorry: I checked it with "None" and it works also ("CSS is case insensitive in all matters under its control" :( ). The problem lies elsewhere ...

sidhartha May 12, 2015

I am also using 5.7.1 version... I have entered 'none' in the same way as the image that you have attached. However, bullets appear.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events