Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Using the Spaces list by category macro, are we able to only show ONE category per space?

I thought I had found the answer to this question here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Show-a-Space-List-within-a-page-using-Category-label/qaq-p/149585, but it turns out we have Cloud and not Server 6.8. 

We just need this macro to go to individual pages that shows individual categories and would not change with other macros.

4 answers

Is this seriously still broken 3 years later??

I'm fine showing only one category, but I'm unable to even choose the category I want to show... I'm on Jira Cloud.

Yeah, it's broken on Cloud.

Here is something I plan to try with a user macro to solve this problem - nevermind I see you are on cloud:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Show-a-Space-List-within-a-page-using-Category-label/qaq-p/149585

0 votes
AnnWorley Atlassian Team Jun 22, 2018

Hi Dayana,

The Spaces List Macro displays the list of spaces depending on the category chosen from the pulldown:

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 2.06.01 PM.png

I am not sure what is meant by:

"We just need this macro to go to individual pages that shows individual categories and would not change with other macros."

I will be happy to help with your use case after I understand more clearly.

Thanks,

Ann

Hi Ann,

We want to freeze the macro to only display ONE category.

We do not want the user to be able to choose from all of our categories, we want to have it pre-selected for them.

AnnWorley Atlassian Team Jun 22, 2018

I found a workaround, albeit not ideal:

I put the spaces list macro on a page, inside the Excerpt macro, and set it to category "team". Then I added the list to the page the users would see, using the Excerpt Include Macro. The menu to change the category is still visible but you cannot change it on the page with the Excerpt include, only on the Excerpt page.

Hi Ann,

I was attempting this workaround as you described but the 'View Spaces' dropdown doesn't lock. Users can still change the listing.

Moreover, it doesn't default to the space I've chosen on the Excerpt macro page for other users when viewing the Excerpt Include Macro page. They will see the whatever the first Category is in the list.

I've attempted to lock th Excerpt Macro page. I've also done it to the users page with the Excerpt Include.

Was there something else you did to lock the dropdown?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

3,848 views 10 47
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you