Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the AND operator

Mikael Glentoft March 17, 2017

Is it possible to somehow enforce the AND operator when using content by report table macro?

As it works now I concider it to be broken since you cant use this for grouping pages containing multiple labels; e.g. list all cars of a specific typ (label 'car' and label 'toyota'). 

There is an issue regardning this, see CONF-32635 - but the product manager does not seem to care even though it has quite alot of votes and comments.

Regards,
Mikael 

1 answer

0 votes
cptBarbosa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2017

Hi Mikael, following this article about the Content Report Table, I was able to list more than one label using ',' (comma), please try using this and let me know if it works for you.

Hope it helps. smile

Mikael Glentoft March 17, 2017

Hi

Yes, but I want to list content based on all the labels (AND), not any of the labels.
The macro does not work well if you think of how you label pages.

If you have a page regarding a toyota, you probably label it "car" and "toyota".
If you want to list pages regarding cars of the type toyota, you cant do it since the macro would list all pages containing the label "car" and all pages containing the label "toyota".

You are forced to add a label called "car-toyota" to achieve that - and this is not how you should label pages.

From the Content Report Table description:

The macro will display the content tagged with any of the label(s) specified here.

For example, if you specify labels 'A' and 'B', the macro will display all pages that have the label 'A', and all pages that have the label 'B', and all pages that have both those labels.

Regards,
Mikael

cptBarbosa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2017

I am sorry, now I understood your question. You are right there is no way to do the list the way you want (at least for now).

But since the feature request that you mentioned is for server you can open a feature request for cloud, and ask for people vote so the developers can knowledge the importance of it.

I also looked for an add-on that may fit your necessity and found Bulk Action Tools. You can give a look on it at Marketplace.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events