Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using confluence for a community of practice

Don Bailey June 6, 2020

I would like to know some recommendations for configuring and using Confluence for a community of practice. 

Do you have any case studies or presentations or other materials for Communities of Practice supported on a Confluence platform?

Thanks,

Donal

2 answers

4 votes
Julius Zatroch June 9, 2020

hi @Don Bailey 

I see simillar questions over and over because many times people see Confluence only as IT wiki product.  But if you add some addons, it will change look and feel to something different, to absolutelly perfect place to share any ideas, place where you can talk about anything, not only IT.  Confluence is easy to learn, for example we helped Air Rescue medical teams to share everything they need to daily work in few weeks now.

Please look on LinchpinDEMO here and imagine, how it can work for any Community of Practice. You can create spaces based on any interest, share ideas, write comments, attach files, pictures, sketches, even audio files and videos and wait for colleagues opinions or ideas. Absollutely cool feature is Microblog, you can instantly talk with colleagues in different rooms about different projects, ideas. There is Linchpin APP available for mobile access and I can confirm it will skyrocket Confluence to new level..... You can use Confluence+Linchpin as intranet or as Cloud instance too.

If you want to talk about anything more, please write or call me.

0 votes
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 10, 2020

Hi @Don Bailey

As @Julius Zatroch mentioned, there are many things you can do with Confluence.

My team created a similar resource in our guide Rock the Docs.

We used Scroll Viewport (we make this app 😀)to turn the Confluence space into an external site. I collaborated with a bunch of other people in the field of technical writing to make it a great source of information for the community.

I hope it's a helpful example, and also, have a look at some of the topics in there. They show off some of the power of Confluence.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events