Using Groups within Groups in AD User Directory

Matt Uebel August 13, 2013

As part of my Confluence implementation I have created AD Security Groups to control access to Confluence.

I have attempted to add other groups to a Confluence Security group so that I don't have to worry about maintening individual members. However, these members in the subgroup don't actually end up as users in Confluence.

Is my failed scheme possible in principle? What configuration is necessary to have subgroups contribute to my confluence group membership?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013

Hi Matt,

Well Confluence imports the groups and subgroups when you have the *nested groups* option set as true on your Directory Configuration. However after imported, these groups will not be nested anymore, they will be in the same level or hierarchy when imported.
Please check here about nested groups: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF42/Managing+Nested+Groups

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events