Using Confluence as a Knowledge Base for a mobile app

Kevin Shaw January 10, 2021

We are building a new mobile app (Android & iPhone).  We have a dedicated Confluence site (with some content) to serve as a public knowledge base to support the product (it was built for our previous gen mobile app and we will start updating it) and we now want to connect it to our new mobile app.  I've searched on this topic and can't find instructions for connecting them.  BTW, was also a Jira Service Desk (JSD) site created for this.

How do we connect our app to these services? 

My thought is that we would have FAQ and Support buttons/links that will connect to Confluence and JSD.  Then by clicking them they could enter searches on the KB or submit support requests via JSD and this could be done directly from the app.

2 answers

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2021

Hello @Kevin Shaw !

As I understand, you have a mobile application and need to have some integration with Confluence built directly into the program.

Confluence does allow for quite a lot of interaction with content via REST API:

Confluence also allows for search via REST using the Confluence Query Language (CQL)

However, I believe that you will find very useful suggestions and tips in our sister community, the Developer Community! Here, take a look:

Let us hear from you!

0 votes
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 11, 2021

Hey @Kevin Shaw

I think my team's app Scroll Viewport might do the trick for you. With Scroll Viewport, you can turn your Confluence content into an online help center. Additionally, you can embed your help center content in your app using an iFrame. Here's how: https://help-cloud.k15t.com/scroll-viewport/How-To-Embed-In-App-Help.843515185.html (BTW, this is on our help center, which is built using Scroll Viewport)

Here's a talk I gave recently about how we structured our content and implemented our in-app help content using this feature.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events