Users getting "Not Permitted" on confluence

I know this has been asked before, but I've read through every answer and spent nearly all day trying to work it out myself. Here's what's happening:

1. I enabled self-signup for users in my org based on the domain name of email addresses.
  2. I also enabled Google Apps account connection
  3. When anyone tries to login, they get a "Not Permitted" error on the confluence application. They can access JIRA just fine.
  4. I ensured and double-ensured at least 10 times that they ARE indeed a member of the confluence-users group. I also added them to admins, and site-admins JUST to be sure.
  5. I went to the /wiki/display/~username URL as well.
  6. I do not see any of them in the People directory on confluence either.

At this point I don't have many options. Can someone help me?

EDIT 1 (since I can't reply until I get 3 points for some reason): I'm using Confluence on the cloud. So I don't know if there's an option to force a sync. I didn't see anything. I too think getting them to show up in the people directory would resolve the other issues.

EDIT2: It is because there may be a problem with confluence-users or whatever, that I added everyone as Admins. That I think should rule out any mistakes I may have made with ACLs.

EDIT3: Ok it worked. smile All users suddenly showed up. Is there some sort of reindex/sync cycle that happens? I didn't do anything except try it again just now.

2 answers

well done.. I'm still waiting.. !! Or I'm actually useless!! :-)

I'm having the same issue - I can't actually get to an admin screen to force a directory re-sync though! Argh. :(

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Dec 10, 2018 in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

213 views 6 8
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you